Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

I am sure we all have super fantastic goals to ensure this year is unlike any other....right?! I have a few ambitions myself and this seems like the perfect time to share my "new" New Year's resolutions.

Resolution #1
Get back to eating a plant based diet.  For me, this means eating a large variety of fruits, vegetables, and nutrient dense grains, and little to no meat.  In addition, I keep my dairy and egg consumption to less than 20% of my daily total calories. I just know that abolishing sugar from my diet would help me to lose that last 4 pounds, but if I can't enjoy sweets on occasion, I'd make for a grumpy wife and mommy! But as my husband teasingly reminds me, sugar and chocolate are technically plant based... ;)  I just keep these "extras" to a very limited amount.

Resolution #2
That even though I may get very impatient and aggravated with my kids at times ( Hey we do spend 24 hrs a day together!) I really hate the guilt that follows me when I raise my voice at my children. I don't want to yell, holler, scream (it's happened a time or two...) or otherwise bring further contention into our home with a harsh voice. My husband and I are constantly telling our children that they are solely responsible for their actions. I need to take my own advice to heart and not react to my frustration by yelling.

Resolution #3
To teach my children to study and love the scriptures. I know that if they are to ever gain their own testimony of our Savior, they must learn for themselves that the scriptures are true. We currently have a Book of Mormon reading chart we are following. Once we have completed it, we will start a chart for the Bible, Pearl of Great Price and Doctrine and Covenants. I am thankful for all of these witnesses of Jesus Christ in my life.

There are many more tweaks and adjustments I am sure to benefit from, but I figure these are a pretty good undertaking for 2013.

As a side note: my dad joined me for an aerobics class this morning at the Y. It was awesome to share my love of exercise with him :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

2 comments: