Thursday, February 10, 2011

sugar pie, bye bye!


This week I have decided to take my marathon training to the next level.  Through running, cross training, and weight lifting, I have built some impressive ( I use that term loosely) muscles.  But I have not taken my diet as seriously as I should to get the full benefit. I'd like to not only be able to run 26.2 miles in April, but also look like I'm able to. I'm not your stereotypical runner, with lanky limbs.  I'm built more like a gymnast, muscular-like.  Which I'm happy about, except I'd be thrilled to loose some of the extra 'fluff' so that my muscles might actually be seen!  So I am on my fourth day of a 'Sugar Detox', trying desperately to avoid all processed sugar.  But, as I have already confessed to a close friend and my dear hubby, I slipped up and ate 3 Hershey kisses yesterday. (Hey, I'm trying!)  Aside from this, I've been eating tons of yummy produce, protein enriched smoothies, and ground turkey breast.  Good bye sugar pie, hello healthy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment